April 11, 2017
1-2 pm AND REPEATED FROM 2-3pm
Four sessions (each repeated). Pick two sessions ... attend one the first hour and the other the second hour.
- Building a More Valuable Business with Jerry Olson, Resultants for Business. During this informative and engaging seminar, you will learn how to structure your business to maximize its value, accelerate the pace of positive word-of-mouth for your business, boost your company’s cash flow, differentiate your business from competitors, and minimize your company’s reliance on your personal involvement.
- Insulation and the New Residential Energy Codes with Ross Anderson, The Energy Network Worldwide. This Course will discuss the new insulation and air sealing requirements under the Minnesota Residential Energy Code, focusing on methods to meet and exceed current requirements with along with examples of what industry professionals are seeing in the field. This course has been approved for one-hour of continuing education credit:
• MN Residential Building Contractor, Remodeler and Roofer credits through the MN Dept. of Labor & Industry. This course approved for Energy credit
• MN Real Estate by the MN Department of Labor & Industry
• MN Building Official through the MN Dept. of Labor & Industry
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization) 101 with Chris Hamilton, Spyder Trap and Zach Coulter, Spyder Trap. SEO is the process of matching your website’s content to the users searching for it. Chris and Zack will go over the basics of what to look for on your site to increase traffic and improve the quality of the users visiting it—making your job of finding new business easier and more efficient.
- Brand Management: Guiding Perceptions & Building Relationships Online with Kate O’Hara, Martha O’Hara Interiors; Emma Cutler, Artful Living; and Shawn Nelson, New Spaces. First impressions are everything, and in today’s connected world, your online brand identity has the strongest impact. In this workshop you’ll learn how to establish a trustworthy online brand and create an engaging digital narrative. Our panel of experts will discuss ways to leverage online platforms to build strong customer relationships and ways to enhance client engagement. They’ll also show you how to overcome tricky situations, including how to handle negative reviews and protocol for being friends with clients on Facebook.
Show Floor Opens
Explore the show floor and visit over 225 exhibitors
*Free Show Admission to all BATC and non-BATC members: builderse, remodelers, architects, interior designers and building officials. Unlimited Dinner Passes (NEW) to all BATC member builders, remodelers, architects, interior designers and building officials and their staff if pre-registered. Non-members can join us for dinner at $20 per person. Walk-ins are welcome and receive free show admission. Dinner will cost you though — $20 BATC members, $30 non-members.