April 12, 2018
Minneapolis Convention Center | Hall C
Enhance and strengthen your business with BRS' Educational Series. For just $20 registration you can attend two informative sessions. Three topics are offered at 1 p.m. and are repeated at 2 p.m. So pick your two favorites and register.
1-2 pm AND REPEATED FROM 2-3pm
Educational Sessions: 3 Topics Offered
topic 1: High Performance Wall Assembly & Details
(Michael Anschel, OA Design+Build)
Wall assembly details like corners, deck connections, fastening schedules, tapes, window bucks, furring strips and cladding attachment present challenges. Michael Anschel is a nationally recognized green design and building expert who set out to determine if there was a simple high-performance wall system to resolve these challenges in new construction, remodeling and retrofit situations. Join us to hear the results of his extensive pursuit. Michael will walk through each layer of wall assembly and share lessons learned, as well as the strategies and materials behind this new approach he’s dubbed the “awesome wall.”
- Earn CE Credit: One-hour of continuing education credit for Minnesota Residential Building Contractors, Remodelers, Roofers and Building Officials (including energy) through the Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry.
topic 2: Winning with Mechanic's Liens
(Bill Gschwind, Minnesota Construction Law Services, PLLC)
Frustrated contractors trying to collect for their work often see, mistakenly, mechanics’ liens as their most powerful collection tool. Mechanics’ liens can be used to collect, just as a nail can be driven with a lineman’s pliers, but they are frequently not the best tool for the job. Attendees will gain a clear understanding of how best to use mechanics’ liens to help them collect, and how to avoid throwing good money after bad. This course is designed to help contractors know when it is best to spend money on a mechanics’ lien, and when other collection tools are a better choice.
- Earn CE Credit: One-hour of continuing education credit for Minnesota Residential Building Contractors, Remodelers, Roofers and Building Officials through the Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry.
topic 3: Leading Your Company for Success
(Jerry Olson, Resultants for Business)
Owners and top leaders in every company want to be more effective leaders. This presentation is an opportunity to improve your leadership abilities. Three key leadership abilities will be presented and explored:
- VISION is a frequent discussion in business circles. We’ll explore what makes an effective vision, how to communicate it effectively to inspire people, and tactics to keep it alive in the organization.
- True success requires a great team. We’ll discuss the keys to gather the RIGHT PEOPLE around you in order to drive your company toward your vision.
- Everyone wants to know the score. Effectively tracking progress toward vision and goals requires good DATA measured frequently to keep people on track.
Thank you BRS Education Sponsors:
Show Floor Opens
Explore the show floor and visit over 225 exhibitors
*Free Show Admission to all BATC-Housing First Minnesota members and non-members: builders, remodelers, architects, interior designers and building officials.
BATC-Housing First Minnesota Members:
- FREE unlimited dinner passes if pre-registered (excluding Advocate members)
- $20/person if purchased onsite
- $20/person if pre-registered
- $30/person if purchased onsite
Single pass through dinner buffet served in the exhibit hall. Dinner tickets are required and will be provided at registration upon check-in if purchased.
- Salsa-Ranch Salad Platter– Crisp Lettuce Blend, Diced Tomato, Ripe Olives, Sliced Green Onion, Cheddar Cheese, Tortilla Strips & our Chipotle-Salsa Ranch Dressing
- Entree- Smoked Beef Brisket with BBQ Sauce and Buttermilk Fried Chicken Breast with Country Gravy
- Sides- Red-skin Mashed Potatoes, Petite Green Beans with Baby Carrots, Corn Bread & White Mountain Rolls with Butter
- Dessert- Assorted cookies, bars and brownies
- Water & Freshly Brewed Dunn Bros Coffee stations available during dinner buffet.